When Brett and I are sailing for a few days at a time, or we are at a dock doing some work on Theros, we can sometimes experience a slump in our energy levels in the afternoons. Whizzing up a quick smoothie jam-packed with vitamins and minerals helps us get back on track in no time! Here is one of our fave recipes.
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
Ingredients for 2 people
- 2 generous handfuls of frozen strawberries
- 3 firm and crisp apples
- 1 banana
- A generous dollop of honey
- Cold water to top up
- Put the handfuls of the frozen strawberries into the blender.
- Rinse the apples but do not peel them, core them and cut them into small chunks.
- Add them to the strawbs.
- Peel and slice the banana and throw the slices into the blender.
- Next, add a generous dollop of honey.
- Top up the blender with ice cold water to blend easily.
- Whizz everything up in the blender until smooth an pour into glasses.
- Kick back, sip and enjoy!″
Here is a brief rundown of vitamins and minerals contained in the key ingredients:
Apple – vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, folates, and niacin as well as minerals potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron and zinc;
Banana – vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, folates, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin and the minerals sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium and zinc;
Strawberry– vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, folates, niacin and riboflavin in addition to the minerals sodium, potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron and zinc;
Honey – Vitamins B6, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid and minerals calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
Peace, love and light,
PS have you checked out our Youtube channel for Theros Sailing Adventure yet? Feel free to browse and share our videos and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel so you can get alerts when we upload new content. Thank you!