In this new video story we show you how we prepared the footings and the ground for the drainage equipment and then installed the drainage pipes (called tiles) all the way around the foundations of our eco house. This was an important but fiddly job, hence the “Go For“ did many small and menial tasks in preparation for the Captain to do his marvellous thing.
However, although we worked hard over the summer, it was not all work and no play! We managed to take a little break with our friend Dave. Also something strange happened in the Republic of Weird, so take a look.
We hope you enjoy the video.
Music used in the video
One of my favourite tasks I like to do during video editing is selecting and matching pieces of music to the video clips. Music really helps to set the scene, evokes feelings and contributes to the shape of each story. As usual, I selected some pieces of music from the YouTube audio library to accompany our shenanigans. I am grateful to the creators for the opportunity to use their work and here are the pieces of music in the order they appear in the video:
1. Your Love by Yung Logos
2. Run Little Chicken by The Mini Vandals
3. Dulcinea by Steve Adams
4. Storms by Stay Loose
5. Down the Drain by Everet Almond
6. Diggy by Patrick Patrikios
7. Inspired (instrumental) by NEFFEX
Our Two Blondes on a Build eco-homesteading journey so far
2023 heralds our fifth year, since Brett and I found this beautiful lot on Salt Spring Island in August 2018. We did not start work here until September 2019 and so much has happened since then. It has been wonderful to look back over the the different stages of our eco-homesteading journey so far. In case you are a new subscriber to my blog and YouTube channel or may have missed previous episodes, here they are in chronological order for your enjoyment.
- Two Blondes on a Build: in the beginning
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #1: What the bleep have we done?
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #2: Building our tiny house
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #3: Tackling a thorny issue and drainage
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #4: Building our tiny outhouse
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #5: The long and winding driveway part 1
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #6: The long and winding driveway part 2
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #7: Well, well, well
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #8: Preparing the build site and frames for the footings
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #9: Hand pouring concrete footings and foundation walls
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #10: Our eco house design and getting building materials up our hill
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #11: Framing up the ground floor and raising some beams
- Two Blondes on a Build Story #12: Framing the upper floor and balcony
Thanks for watching and for your kind comments.
Lots of love,